The BBG ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be collected, used and processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.bbgdubai.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What is personal data?
We may collect, use and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site www.bbgdubai.org (our Site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe for membership, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, subscribe for our newsletters and other promotional materials, register and pay for events, participate in a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description/biography, photograph and passport.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
* technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
* information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
* to carry out our obligations arising from your membership and provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
* to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with regular newsletters and other promotional material in connection with you being a member of the BBG (including events, membership offers, discounts).
* to notify you about constitutional matters or changes to your membership;
* for administration purposes in connection with you being a member of the BBG (including collecting membership fees);
* to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) if you have explicitly consented to this.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
* to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
* to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
* to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
* as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
* to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
* to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group.
We may share your information with trusted third parties including:
Business partners (including but not limited to our Sponsors and the British Embassy) for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. making you aware of exclusive BBG member offers)
Service providers limited to that which is required for providing the service (e.g. PayTabs, web-hosting services)
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the BBG, our members, business partners or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment transactions will be processed through a third party provider and are encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right any time, by contacting us at email@example.com, to:
ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
request a copy of your personal data;
request that any inaccurate personal data is corrected;
request that your personal data is deleted and destroyed when causing damage or distress;
opt out of receiving electronic communications (e-mail or SMS) from the BBG.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.