The Committee conducted a review of the current Constitution which was adopted by the Members a number of years ago. It was agreed by the Committee that the members’ interests could be better served by the introduction of a contemporary legal framework which is more aligned to the Group’s objectives today.
The proposed draft Amended and Restated Constitution, to be tabled at the BBG AGM 2018, provides more clarity on the roles and responsibilities of the Committee to the members to manage and operate the Group, while ensuring greater levels of transparency and accountability are afforded to its members.
A matrix has been prepared which outlines the changes between the existing and proposed Amended and Restated Constitution - all three documents may be found below - and a brief summary of the key changes are as follows:
* The objects will be aligned to the Group’s Strategy Output developed by the Committee in 2018 for the forthcoming five (5) years including, but not limited to: - developing/identifying business opportunities for members through greater collaboration with HMG;
- greater promotion of commercial activities between members; and
- offering support and assistance for members to develop their businesses regionally, where appropriate.
* Creation of different membership offerings in response to the UAE’s fast-paced and ever-changing business landscape
* Clearer corporate governance regimes in relation to meetings and decision making (of members and the Committee)
* The introduction of a Governance Code to safeguard compliance with international best practice
VIEW THE SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED AMENDMENTS - Click here