The View from the Chair - Looking back, moving forward: Your BBG Town Hall 2018
Wed, February 21, 2018
I was honoured to accept the Chair position for the British
Business Group Dubai & Northern Emirates in May of last year on a clear
mandate from our voting members to make significant changes to our group. These
changes - needing immediate investment for the future - were to be undertaken
by the excellent Committee I had inherited to lead/guide. With a Group this
good we were in good shape to succeed. I hope you agree that we have - there
may be more to do but we’re on the right track...
Our much vaunted #member4member engagement plan with members and,
more importantly, former members yielded very clear
messages for improvement:
* Concentrate on enhancing trade between members locally rather than spurious initiatives in the Home Counties of the UK
* Ensure member relevance and value for the event schedule planned and executed
* Improve communication to/from/between members and urgently upgrade central communication tool - the website.
* Be certain the BBG secretariat/operations is fit for purpose and
These objectives/requirements have been assessed and dealt with ‘head-on’ in the past nine months, not least by:
* Assessing all member engagement to ensure mutual member benefit, with non-core prior activities scrapped.
* Designing our event programme to maximise the member ‘golden nugget’ experience - every event must provide a single element of real value to every attendee.
* Investing significantly in technology, including the new website to ensure the group is ready for the next 10+ years
* Stress testing, assessing and realigning our support systems, as would be expected of any modern executive board, including the introduction of clear Key Performance Indicators and salary reviews according to skill set and tenure, not nationality or gender.
So where are we now? Well, we want to hear from you! On February 20 at 6.30pm, we will be turning one of the rooms in the Capital Club, DIFC, into our very own Town Hall to meet with you and your guests. Whether you have questions related to membership or the BBG constitution or if you have any suggestions you’d like to share, please do come along and talk to us. The BBG Operations Team and your elected Committee are looking forward to the opportunity to speak with you. You can find more details and sign up here: http://www.bbgdubai.org/event/view/id/428 (In advance of this Town Hall, we will be sharing some updates with you so please be sure to read the weekly emails!)
We head towards the 2018/19 Committee tenure with much enthusiasm and confidence for the future of our membership. Watch this space for proposed changes to our ancient constitution!
success of modernity with a hint of historical precedence awaits those bold
enough to embrace it”
Catch up soon
BBG Networking at AXE House
Wed, 28 February, 2018
Join us for our February networking evening at AXE House, located on the ground floor...
Annual Golf Day & Dinner 2018
Thu, 08 March, 2018
BBG invites you to our Annual Golf Day & Dinner on Thursday 8 March at Trump Internat...