1. How long have you been in Dubai? 2 years, it has flown by!
2. How long have you worked for BBG? 1 year 11 months – I started only a few weeks after I landed in Dubai!
3. What made you join the BBG Dubai & Northern Emirates? I was informed about the vacancy by my good friend, and now fellow colleague, Pamela. I applied for the position as I was interested in gaining experience in a respected not-for-profit organisation.
4. What does your role involve? My role as Operations Manager involves overseeing the day-to-day running of the BBG office, from HR and staff development to monitoring processes. My role also involves retaining and supporting BBG members, whilst working closely with the business team to encourage membership engagement through various events.
5. What do you like most about working for BBG? I enjoy getting the opportunity to meet a wide range of people from various backgrounds and professions. I also enjoy working as part of the business team as we are all close friends who are motivated and driven to succeed.
6. Is there anything special you have been working on? The business team have been focusing on improving our strategy over the past year and have been working closely with the team at Barclays to improve our processes. This has been a challenging project, but we are all excited about the positive changes we have made, and continue to make for the future of BBG Dubai & Northern Emirates.
7. What’s next? Any big projects/events for you? We’re all very excited about the Great British Christmas Ball this weekend, and we have a number of exciting events lined up for Q1 and Q2 2019. The team will be pulling together to support each other, alongside retaining and attracting new members to the BBG.