- Event Date
- Tue, 13 March , 2018
- Event Time
- 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- Level 2, Jumeriah Emirates Towers
Jumeriah Emirates Towers, Sheikh Zayed Rd, Dubai,
- Member Registrations
- 147 AED
- Non Members Fee
- 262.5 AED
The changing risk landscape and the key geopolitical trends in MENA 2018.
The MENA region in 2018 is facing geopolitical risk resulting from five key drivers:
- Russia and China positioning themselves as alternative powerbrokers following US disengagement from the region; effectively redefining the geopolitical and commercial landscape.
- US President Donald Trump’s antipathy towards Tehran which will place Iran’s nuclear agreement under increasing jeopardy and shift responsibility for the deal’s survival on the commitment of European and Asian governments.
- Continuing rising tensions in the Levant driving insecurity and political instability across the region.
- Competition between Gulf Arab states stemming from the move to provide the most attractive regulatory framework to investors as part of the ongoing economic diversification efforts. Increased uncertainty over who will succeed the ailing rulers of Algeria, Iran and Oman.
Whether you are a start-up founder, CEO of a multinational or anything in between, each of these drivers has the potential to affect your business.
We invite you to a session presented by Andreas Carleton Smiths, CEO of Control Risks Group MENA, dedicated to discussing these drivers and their impact on the region and your business.
Focus Insurance Breakfast
Chaired by: Mark Cooper
Fee includes buffet brekfast (VAT inclusive)
Free valet parking available
Please confirm your attendance by 12.00pm on Sunday 11 March. This is a pre-pay event and your place will not be confirmed until payment is received. Cancellations will be accepted until 11.59am on Sunday 11 March after when “no show fees” will apply.
The BBG Dubai and Northern Emirates is the region’s foremost business-to-business membership networking group – by members, for members – enabling like-minded professionals to further their business interests in the UAE and the wider region.
BBG Networking at AXE House
Wed, 28 February, 2018
Join us for our February networking evening at AXE House, located on the ground floor...
Annual Golf Day & Dinner 2018
Thu, 08 March, 2018
BBG invites you to our Annual Golf Day & Dinner on Thursday 8 March at Trump Internat...
BBG Ambassador Series- HMA to...
Thu, 15 February, 2018
BBG Dubai & Northern Emirates invites you to our third Ambassador Series Luncheon. ...
Mix & Mingle at Muchachas
Sun, 11 February, 2018
The BBG is delighted to introduce our all-new ‘Mix & Mingle Networking nights’. ...