Currently one of the largest and most active business groups in the GCC, the British Business Group Dubai & Northern Emirates (BBG) operates under the auspices of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry and is closely aligned to the UAE office of UKTI (UK Trade and Investment).
With a membership of more than 2000 individuals representing more than 400 companies, one of the group's prime objectives is communication with:
- Businessmen and women in the UAE and UK;
- Policy-makers and decision-makers in government and business in UK and UAE;
- The UAE leadership and influencers;
- Other British business groups.
Founded in 1987, the BBG is led by a pro-bono committee of 12 annually elected members, each of whom overseas a different aspects of the workings of the group.
BBG Focus Groups
In addition to the committee, the group benefits from the insights of its Focus Group chairs. Each Focus Group provides a forum for members with common interests and each generally meets on a monthly basis. The events are open to both members and non-members and cover the following topics and sectors:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Through Learning
- Business Through Sport
- Communications and Marketing
- Facilities Management and Real Estate
- Travel & Tourism
- Women in Business
We always consider the addition of new topics or industry sectors and members are always welcome to apply to become a Focus Group chair. Please contact the BBG office for further information.
Under the constitution (4.g) the BBG has the authority to form sub-committees. Currently we have two sub-committees:
- 1. The British Community Assistance Fund (BCAF).
- 2. The Royal British Legion (The Poppy Appeal): The Royal British Legion provides support to the serving and ex-Service community and their families.
BBG Executive Office
The BBG is supported by a professionally staffed office responsible for all membership relations and communication; event management and financial administration.
Networking at Jones the Grocer...
Tue, 04 July, 2017
A haven of all things beneficial from the land down under. Jones the Grocer aims to t...